There is a new web site which provides regular analysis (in Spanish) of news in El Salvador. The website is Notientrevistas and it is associated with well-known Salvadoran television journalist Mauricio Funes. This appears on a page titled "Who are we?":
We are an institution whose mission is the formation of public opinion oriented to strengthening processes of democratization and real development in El Salvador.
Each morning from 6:15-8:00 a.m. El Salvador time, the website carries a live webcast of Funes' popular interview program called "The Interview with Mauricio Funes." In addition the website has a good weekly summary of news topics which appears on the site each Friday or Monday.
For example, the most recent weekly summary covers
- A network of hitmen for hire discovered within the PNC
- Fiscal policies of the government
- Bus companies threatening a national stoppage
- An increase in the price of the basic marketbasket of consumer goods
- The 2009 electoral process
- Local mayors and taxes
- An interview with a human rights consultant