Today is the third anniversary of the creation of this blog. It's been a great experience in more ways than I would have predicted. Over the course of those years I have posted 933 times, on just about any topic so long as it had a connection to El Salvador. So in the past couple of days I have been looking back at what the visitor logs show about what has interested people and brought them to the blog.
- Total number of visitors in 3 years: approximately 325,000
- Number of subscribers to the e-mail updates: 204
- Average number of visitors per day in last month: 324
Most read posts:
- Top 10 Romero Quotes
- El Salvador's pain -- murder rate highest in Latin America
- Photos of the Salvadoran Civil War
- Long life in El Salvador
- El Salvador del Mundo -- La Bajada
- Maybe not so old
- The case of Brother Toby
- Celebration of the pupusa
- Pirated DVDs disappear from streets of San Salvador
- VirtualTourist site on El Salvador
Most commented on post: the case of Brother Toby. His supporters are passionate and so are his detractors. Brother Toby is a prominent Salvadoran evangelical minister arrested in the US for lying to immigration authorities.
Next most commented: the July 6, 2006 bloody disturbances and shooting outside of the University of El Salvador which left two policemen dead from gunshots.
Most common search terms producing visitors (excluding variations of the name of this blog):
- US -- 68%
- El Salvador -- 10%
- Canada -- 8%
- Rest of world -- 14%
I'm looking forward to the next three years.